P/Nes 8-Bit Lo-Fi Monster
- Zip files content : Four DLL files (Stereo / Mono (uses less CPU), with and without Smooth Peaks oscillators) with Manual/Help files and presets file.
- This file has been scanned for viruses and malware.
- If you don't have any host or VST plugin player, I strongly suggest using the excellent and free VSTHost or SaviHost from Hermann Seib.
- This software is fully functionnal and has no restrictions. If you like it please support us and make a donation.
The P/Nes 8-Bit Monster is a synthesizer, or a Nintendorgan, inspired by the 2A03 chip used in the Nes sound architecture. It can produce authentic 8-bit sounds like the original Nes and other retro gaming systems or arcades, but it can also do much more with its expanded sound design. This is not just a basic simulation, this is a full blown synthesizer, my dream circuit-bent Nes.
The P/Nes is rooted in pitch tracking. Pretty much every effects and modifiers can be controlled by the pitch/note being played to create unique sounds and phrases.
The P/Nes also offers a great amount of control over every aspect of the sound shaping and modulation, all while keeping things simple and accessible. Every settings are visible within the same window, there are no hidden sub-menus.
Great for making old school arcade sounds, chiptune, or any other style of music you damn young hippies are playing these days.
And did I mention its free?
What could the P stand for in P/Nes?
- Four oscillators :
- 3x Waveform oscillators (Square/Pulse, Triangle, Saw, Sine), with PW/Cycle, Curve, Sub, Quantization, Smoothness, Bit and Rate controls
- 1x Noise oscillator, with Type (White/Pink/Red/Blue), two different noise algorithms, with Detune, Delay, Reverb, Quantization, Smoothness, Bit and Rate controls
- Pitch tracking on every controls.
- Four separate LFO and ADSR controls with Delay and Quantization, with pitch tracking modulation and routing assignable to each waveform (except effects) :
- Arpeggiator with 5 modes over 4 octaves which can be synced to host
- 32 Steps Sequencer with Direction, Transpose, Steps and Skip controls. Can load and save patterns and can be synced to a host
- Effects (which can be combined or disabled entirely if you wish to keep a pure Nes sound)
- Bit Crusher and Rate/Frequency Decimator
- Quantization and Smoothness
- Pitch Shifter
- Ring modulation
- Frequency Modulation (FM)
- Filters (Low pass, High pass, Band pass)
- Delays, with Forward/Backward controls
- Bass enhancers
- Speaker simulation
- Polyphonic or Monophonic with Portamento (mono only)
- Velocity sensitive
- Available in both Mono and Stereo (where each oscillators can be panned separately).
- Pseudo Nes
- Plugin Nes
- Power Nes
- Play Nes
- Portable Nes
- Philipp Nes
- Psychogenic non-epileptic seizures
- Whatever, you decide! But if you really need a SFW name you can always call it the PlugiNes.
This Software is provided "as-is", without any express or implied warranty. In no event will the author be held liable for any damages arising from the use of this software.
This product and the author are in no way associated or affiliated or endorsed with/by Nintendo Co., Ltd. All the images displayed on this page are original creations inspired by the Nes.
©2014 jmt musical tools